Help plz?

Steelmonkey

Beta member
Hi i have an old Pentium 4 Dell Dimension 8300 and just recently the the main CD drive started shooting the tray out randomly. So my question is, is this a hardware problem because it does it when the computer boots up, or is this a software issue and how do i fix? I have adaware and scanned. It found nothing.

Do you get any messages on the screen when this happens?
Have you installed anything lately that maybe needs to finish installing and is looking for a cd?
Did something happen and your windows is looking for a cd to recover from?

Thats an extremely odd problem, if you figure out what is causing it please post what it was and how you fixed it, im curious to know what it is.

No messages. It just randomly has the light come on and it shoots out. I did install Warhammer 40K:Dawn of War:Dark Crusade recently and it crashed mid way through (blue screen, happens all the time), but i went back and reinstalled it. I doubt it is Warhammer because the game is suppose to work without the CD and the game works fine. I did also install the Windows Office Conversion pack but i doubt that was it since it would not have anything to do with the CD drive. I can leave the computer on the XP log in screen and it will shoot out the CD tray.

try deleting the drivers for it, and reinstalling them...or maybe try putting a different cd drive in and see if same thing happens with that one.

Back
Top Bottom