Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-23-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Help please, I think administrator rights wont let me complete my internet connection

Ok so I hired the internet guys the other day, today some "technician" came and installed the modem yet he couldn't go on with the software process. In "create a new connection" wizard, he clicked on "connect to the internet", then "set a manual connection" (something like that), then 3 options appered, the top 2 were faded, he wanted to create a manual connection but for some reason the top 2 choices were faded??

I've encountered problems like this in the past, in which I try to install or setup a software and it tells me I have "no administrator rights". I'm not sure this was the same, but I don't know what exactly happened.

If you don't know,k please tell me how to format my computer and reinstall windows xp.

I'm a computer noob.

feloniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
Beta Member

Default Re: Help please, I think administrator rights wont let me complete my internet connection

Btw, I obviously DO have administrator rights since there is no other account on my notebook.

Old 03-23-2006, 08:46 PM   #3
Beta Member

Default Re: Help please, I think administrator rights wont let me complete my internet connection

?