Help Please!!!

Lord Mythirion

In Runtime
I'm kinda irritated right now. I just bought an HP last week (lol, yeah I should have built my own), but yesterday my computer started go very slow, and I couldn't figure out the source, so I use the system restore from HP to restore it to the out-of-the-box-state, but it's still very slow. Also, before I scored about a 5.4 on primary hard disk, but now it's 2.1, if it helps. My system specs are as follows:

q6700 2.66ghz
4GB pc6400 RAM
2x 500GB Hard Drives, RAID 0 16MB Cache
8600gt
Antec Earthwatts 500w PSU (by me, stock was ran too hot and was only 350w)
Vista Premium 64-bit

Even though it is new, it may have bad hardware- run a diag on the hard drive to see what it comes up with. Since it is so new, I would call HP and complain- maybe there is a defect in that model? Just guessing on that- but yeah, you probably should have built your own:)

Yes, I've run a hardware diagonostic, and it passed all tests. I also opened up the case, and the only thing that I found disturbing was the fairly hot PSU, which I changed out. That's about it.

It's a HP,I Dont know why,But Every HP Desktop i have used is SLOW As,My mum and dads computer was like that from day one,I never did find out what was causing it....

What kind of hardware diagnosicts did you do?

I don't know if it is reliable, but on boot there's a Diagnostic tool i can use if i press f9 or something, so I used that.

But aside from that, my computer runs well now...I uninstalled all the the unnecessary HP stuff, and I disabled a lot of services and startup programs but that didn't help. But what I did do was defrag my hard drive using jkdefrag overnight, and that helped did it. What i don't get is that I did an HP System Recovery, and that basically wiped my drive and restored it back to factory-fresh state. Does doing this not affect the fragmentation of the hard drive? And before, I used Auslogics Disk Defrag before I did the system restore, but it didn't help. Any answers to these questions?

Back
Top Bottom