Help please

if i could get a question answered i would greatly appereciate it. would i be able to use a motherboard that specs say can hold a 800/533mhz FSB, would i be able to use my current processor that has a FSB of 400mhz with this board, or would i have to purchase a new processor?

what processor are you using right now? The mobo you are getting is probably for a pentium 4.

Could you possibly post details from somewhere about the motherboard your wanting?
I need to see you see what socket it is and thingss, because just the FSB information won't help I don't think.

Hope I can help

Ah, if your CPU is just a plain Intel Celeron then no.

It needs to be either a Pentium 4 Precott or a Celeron D which is different from the standard Celeron to work.
I'm afraid I don't think yours is a Celeron D though because it'd have an FSB of 533MHZ :(

If you do carry on getting this board you'd have to update the CPU yeah. I could help you find the right board if you want :)

Though if you are thinking of doing a whole overhaul, you could get a newer CPU and a newer motherboard to go with it, which might be a worthy change than having to get a new motherboard which when you want to replace the CPU you can't

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info, I just thought that i would check and make sure so that way i dont destroy anything. im still not fully educated with computers. :) Thanks again

Umm.... that celeron would work... but you would need to flash a different BIOS over, so it isn't worth it... :(

I would just upgrade to an AMD64 if this is for gaming, otherwise, get an older P4 and that MOBO with some decent RAM, and you should see a nice performance jump. Trust me, that Celeron is not good, Celerons are the WORST CPU on the market currently.

yeah, the computer im currently running is:
Intel Celeron 2.0ghz, 400mhz FSB, i think 128k cache,
256mb ram pc2100
Maxtor 52gig, Maxtor 200gig
i think a foxconn mobo
i think its pretty descent seeing as how i only paid $75 for it, may be wron but i think its somewhere around 57 euro.

Back
Top Bottom