Help with PCI graphic cards please.

Disabling onboard video requires knoledge of getting into your computers bios. When your machine first boots up youll see usually a quick message which says hit del to enter setup- sometimes you hit del, sometimes f2- it depends on the computer you have. after you get into the bios it gets harder cause there all different. I would have to talk someone through it. If your intelligent once you get in their you probably can figure it out. You gennerally use the arrow keys to navigate the selections in the bios. Sometimes the page up and page down buttons with the arrows. If you can get into yours and tell me what the selections are I can help. The radeon you choose with ddr memory will probably be an ok choice-most people don't realize that 3d gaming isn't just in the vid card-its also in your harddrive speed, the installed processor, and the speed of your bus. If you have at least a 800 mhz computer with 512megs of 133 memory and a good pci sound system-not 16 bit crap, a 50 speed cd rom is also mandatory. The radeon will allow you to game- no it won't be blinding but youll get adequate 3d gaming.Setting your virtual cache using cacheman or manualy also helps by giving the system enough harddrive cacheing it allows for smoother animation and less jerkyness. Games read from a harddrive similar to the way movies play. Drefrag your harddisk alot to.

Correct me if i'm wrong as i want to get this answered.
Ok you by a PC,video included so you attach your monitor there,right ?
Then you get a plug and play AGP or PCI video card,right.
So you unpug the monitor cable and plug it into the video card connection,right or wrong ?
No disableing necessary,right or wrong ?
:confused:

bluto said:
Correct me if i'm wrong as i want to get this answered.
Ok you by a PC,video included so you attach your monitor there,right ?
Then you get a plug and play AGP or PCI video card,right.
So you unpug the monitor cable and plug it into the video card connection,right or wrong ?
No disableing necessary,right or wrong ?
:confused:
As far as I know; the Onboard Graphics don't need to be uninstalled - the AGP or PCI will take over from the Onboard without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom