Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-20-2009, 11:04 PM   #11
Baseband Member

Default Re: help with pci express 2.0

http://www.giga-byte.com/Support/Mot...l&FileID=18336

here is the website to download the manual to my motherboard... it shows the bios and everything in it... and it shows its pci express 2.0 capable.. now why its not set to run at it i cant figure out... looked through bios and manual cant find any settings that are pci express changeable..

Scpy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

I, too, did not find anything that would suggest it can change. However, is the PCI-E 12v at the top right of your board plugged in? I know it's only required when doing multiple cards, but it's worth a shot.

I'm also thinking there might be a jumper near the slot that changes it's spec/bandwidth.

If all else fails, email Gigabyte techs.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:47 PM   #13
Baseband Member

yes i ahve taht plugged in i didnt have it plugged in but i plugged it in about 3 days ago and it didnt change anything.. i could not find any jumper or anything around the slot... i couldn t find any jumper anywhere for it on the board.. i looked on the board just now and dont see anything... so i really dont know what the heck wrong with this thing... and i sent one to them aobut 3 days ago and still havent gotten a reply from them... its really annoying cause ive been waiting and they havent replied at all...

ya tehy still havent answered my question i put on there 4 days ago... its been a while.. im leaving wednesday so hopefully i fix it before then.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:47 PM   #14
Baseband Member

i put this .gif on giga-bytes site... i uploaded it if you want to look at it shows the gpu-z picture results... notice how it doesnt say PCI-E 16x 2.0 like others would if its running at 2.0 nad when i hover over it with my mosue it says my graphics card supports 1.1 and its currently running at 1.1 hmmmm....

http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw/ClientUs...9283/GPU-Z.gif
Old 11-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

Have you talked to an Evga tech?
Old 11-23-2009, 12:20 AM   #16
Baseband Member

i have not but i dont think they have anything to do with this... cause its not activating... its not that it wont support it... cause they both support it ut this stupid piece of crap wont show anything to activate it... so its giga-byte.. but they still havent responded.

this is retarded i bought this board cause it SAYS it supports pci-e 2.0 but i just gota reply and the guy said the board only supports pci-e 1.1! I WAS LIKE WTF? they ttrying to trick me? thats only reason i bought this board cause it says it supports 2.0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantofhell View Post
Gigabyte says the board supports PCI-E 2.0 spec on both of it's slots for CrossFire.

Have you configured your BIOS to accommodate your hardware, yet?
Most have the option to disable 2.0 spec or force cards to run under 1.0/1.1 spec.
turns out this board doesnt support it... im kinda pissed cause thats only reaosn i bought this $200 board... woulda gotten the $100 if i knew this one didnt work with pci-e 2.0.