Help overclocking amd 64 4200+ dcore

For a good AM2 cooler, most S939s still work. I use an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro and it works pretty good. You could also get a massive Thermalright XP 120 if you want but you need a lot of room and a new cooling solution bracket. See here:
http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_product_xp120.htm

Get a good 120mm fan on that (Silverstone) and your CPU will be in temperature heaven. But for everyday use the AC F64 Pro is great, and very quiet. I think it's a little cheaper than the thermalright also, seems like mine was $25. It wouldn't hurt to get a better bracket though, mine broke (because I installed the heatsink wrong) so I had to replace it. Got the Rev. B bracket like on that site and it works great, survived a small drop even. But 939's will fit AM2's if you do not modify the bracket, it's just a little bit weaker for big heat sinks.

Yeah it will. With mine at 2.7 right now it gets up to 53 when I play Oblivion or stress it. Other games it's much lower though.

alright i bought some coolers :p
for my hd and graphics card, so i was wondering about voltages and etc :?
rly confused right now

voltage for CPU vcore? I run mine at 1.54V according to ASUS PC Probe, which is .02V higher than what I have selected in the BIOS. I wouldn't go too much over 1.50V if I were you on CPU.

Back
Top Bottom