Help out a guy? :D

Bagzli

Baseband Member
Hello dear computerforums.org members!

I tried finding the right section to post this in but was unable so I apologize if this is in the wrong section and ask a mod to move it to the correct section.

First of all i am new to the forums and I found the forums by typing computer forums in Google and this was the first link to come up so I decided to give it a try here.

I am a novice at computer programing/hardware and all that and I was looking into building my own PC. I was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction as to a good book or guide on building your own PC and all the things you need to know.

I am not asking somebody to sit here and write the whole thing out lol that would be crazy but if somebody knows of an author who published a good book on building your own pc or even videos and audios. You don't have to give me links if you don't have them, just title and author is all I need!

I really appreciate all of your help and upfront thanks to computerforums.org community!

-Bagzli

I have found this book called Build your own PC for dummies by Mark L. Chambers. I was wondering if you have heard of this guy and how good this book is? And thank you for your reference I shall make sure to find a copy of it :)

Edit: there is also a 4th edition to the book you gave me, is this one better or is the third edition better?

If you want to save yourself the money, you could always just post the questions here. Building a computer is pretty easy. The hardest part is shopping for good parts (which can be overwhelming if you don't know what to look for). What most people do on here is they look up the parts they want on newegg.com, then they post a thread asking us to review it for them. We'll usually make a couple revisions, but the targeted performance stays the same if not better for the price listed. As far as actually putting it together, it's a pretty simple process. The hardest part there is connecting case cables to the motherboard. You'll need to reference the owner's manual. But everything has pretty much a unique fit to it. Again, we can help with the details.

that is pretty cool, thank you. 2 friends of mine referred me to newegg.com and i went on it today and picked out some stuff with a friend (he helped me pick right parts) and it came about 1000$ But while registering i found out that this website is america only? and I am in canada lol do you know a site for canada?

and thank you on the offer and I will call up on it as to posting on these forums for questions. The book I need because I don't know anything about building a computer so I need somewhere to learn for starters.

Ask away on here, people are willing to help which will save you money on books. Also youtube has people who will show you how to build a computer. And the internet most of all has what you need by just going to google and searching the part of the computer you are working on.

well I don't have a number on the budget cause i was planing on buying it part by part from each salary. I wanted to get a good processor that will run me games like WoW without any screen lagg. Same with a graphic card, enough to support big games like WoW. I guess the motherboard will have to depend on the processor so cant say much about that except I hear 6 slots is good to have lol. As for Ram I am not exactly sure how much I need, is 4mb good bad? average? Hard drive I guess 500gb to 1000gb I doubt I will ever use that much up. Then there is the case and dvd burner which size of the case I need Im not sure and as for dvd burner just one that can play blue rays. And I am not sure how I decide on which power supply I need.

That is all that comes to my mind lol.

Back
Top Bottom