Help! No sign of life

The color rating is about the efficiency. I don't remember which is which exactly, but if my memory serves me right, gold is 90% efficiency and platinum is 92-95% or something. I think it's actually called Gold +80 because it exceeds some old 80% efficiency standard or something.

Platinum is more expensive than gold. That makes sense.... or something.

The color rating is about the efficiency. I don't remember which is which exactly, but if my memory serves me right, gold is 90% efficiency and platinum is 92-95% or something. I think it's actually called Gold +80 because it exceeds some old 80% efficiency standard or something.

Platinum is more expensive than gold. That makes sense.... or something.

The exact value depends on your location. It depends if you are on 110 or 220V. I think it's "80 PLUS Gold", because the certification is called "80 PLUS".

I have asked Amazon to refund me to my bank account

Iv just paid for a new one myself as this was the quicker solution as the system needs to be online

I first asked them for a replacement but they were stuck on back order so had a few problems with sorting the replacement

As it stands

A new one is on its way will be here Thursday at my expense slightly more expensive

I'm wating on a full bank refund once they receive the returned item

The model I brought was recommended to me I'm still happy even tho one failed it's a EVGA SUPERNOVA G3 550w gold

Good choice. That's made by Super Flower. If that was what your defective one is then I am surprised it passed QC. Someone in QC slacked on his job.

Good choice. That's made by Super Flower. If that was what your defective one is then I am surprised it passed QC. Someone in QC slacked on his job.
Since the PSU worked for some amount of time and then failed, how was QC supposed to catch that? It's not like it was dead out of the box. Sounds like a componect simply had an early life failure.

They go through testings for tolerances. Workers are people and one may have called in sick and leave them short handed.

They go through testings for tolerances. Workers are people and one may have called in sick and leave them short handed.
I spent a number of years working as a test technician. Something like this would NOT be caught. It would be great if something could be tested with 100% certainty but it's simply not possible. That's one reason why redundancy is used in critical situations.

Back
Top Bottom