Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-28-2004, 10:49 AM   #21
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: Help for a Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluto
My Mom was born in Yorkshire,missed the Titanic and got the next boat to Canada.Love that YP.
Sorry but I have been very frustrated at other forums,perhaps the responce will be better here,although i just lost another case about Windows Update not being the sollution.Hot stuff might have been where i was heading.
Wow! Thats quite an anecdote; start the conversation up well at a dinner party!

Windows Update isn't the solution; but its very good - where did you hear this?

Old 05-28-2004, 12:41 PM   #22
Solid State Member

Quote:
My Mom was born in Yorkshire,missed the Titanic and got the next boat to Canada.Love that YP.
Sorry but I have been very frustrated at other forums,perhaps the responce will be better here,although i just lost another case about Windows Update not being the sollution.Hot stuff might have been where i was heading.
You can't be all bad bluto, with that great Yorkshire bloodline and knowing good Yorkshire Mums, Iím sure she kept you on the straight and narrow. Strangulated apology accepted. Hope to talk to you again soon.

Incidentally my Daughter's partner is a Canadian, a great guy with a wicked sense of humour so i was aware there were some good ones around.

Hope all you guys have a lovely Bank Holiday - In the UK anyway

trisha999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 11:19 PM   #23
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to bluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
Wow! Thats quite an anecdote; start the conversation up well at a dinner party!

Windows Update isn't the solution; but its very good - where did you hear this?
Try search Oh My Lord.
I wrote it.
bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 09:33 AM   #24
Guru

Quote:
Try search Oh My Lord.
I wrote it.
I'm lost now?
Old 05-29-2004, 10:21 PM   #25
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
I'm lost now?
It's quite simple,you must learn how search works.
A search for
Windows Update
brings this.

my pcs gone nuts
http://www.computerforums.org/search.php?searchid=6662

You see what another 53 years can do ?
Old 05-30-2004, 06:16 AM   #26
Guru

You said on another Forum; so I just presumed it was another Forum.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:04 PM   #27
Beta Member

Default Tiscali Broadband

I signed on for the £15.99 package and received the pack on March 16th. I am still not connected. I was briefly after 5 weeks trying but when I turned my computer off I lost it. I have spent a fortune phoning them and they have insisted they will get me on Broadband. I have had a new phone extention in just incase it was a fault. BT have been out 4 times and at the last visit they found a fault at the exchange which they were supposed to fix. They also said I was too far away from the exchange to receive Broadband and if I got connected it would only be temporary. Tiscali just wont give up. We are cross and want out of it. Any helpful suggestions please.
harrisandhoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:33 PM   #28
BSOD

Default Re: Tiscali Broadband

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisandhoyle
I signed on for the £15.99 package and received the pack on March 16th. I am still not connected. I was briefly after 5 weeks trying but when I turned my computer off I lost it. I have spent a fortune phoning them and they have insisted they will get me on Broadband. I have had a new phone extention in just incase it was a fault. BT have been out 4 times and at the last visit they found a fault at the exchange which they were supposed to fix. They also said I was too far away from the exchange to receive Broadband and if I got connected it would only be temporary. Tiscali just wont give up. We are cross and want out of it. Any helpful suggestions please.
---
It seems you are in GB where isp's suck.Why would you have to
Quote:
I have spent a fortune phoning them.
I have had a new phone extention
===========
Are you crazy,don't they have a toll free number.Start over and know what your getting into.
Best i can do as it wouldn't happen in Canada.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:27 AM   #29
Solid State Member

Default Re: Tiscali Broadband

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisandhoyle
Hi H&H,

Having had little response here may i suggest you pop along to Tiscali Forums and visit "Computer, Technology & Mobiles" section.

They are extremely helpful there. Before posting a question have a good look through previous threads, there's lots relating to Tiscali and their many broadband problems. It is quite a busy forum so you may have to delve quite a way back.

Good luck

Trisha
trisha999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:11 AM   #30
Beta Member

Smile Re: Help for a Newcomer

A couple of you replied to my post. Thanks. I am now sorted with Tiscali after 3 months. I thought I would tell you the faults so as they may be helpful to others. The first major problem was that although I have had 3 home visits and numerous line checks by BT they had failed to notice that at the Exchange I was linked to Broadband BUT the wrong one. It took a couple of hours for them to go through every connection to find out where I was and should be. The other fault was in my home. I had a new extention cable fitted to eliminate suggestions that this was my problem. Unfortunately the cable had one of it's many wires inside broken. This was one of the wires connected to the phone socket. Again it took a bit of finding. They just used a couple of different wires in the cable. I'M CONNECTED HOORAH

harrisandhoyle is offline   Reply With Quote