Help on new hardware installation

drmshake

Beta member
I recently bought a zune. i already bought and installed the zune software and the latest updates, so i know thats not the problem.

However, my computer wont recognize my zune. When i first plugged it in, the popup asking to search for a driver and watnot came up, however, i accident hit "dont install" while the "dont ask me again" box was checked, and i dont know where to go in my computer to correct that option, and now my computer wont recognize my zune. How do i fix this?

thanx!!

Plug it in the computer then go to control panel, administrative tools, computer management, device manager. Tell me if you see it there.

yup
it doesnt recognize it at all

it sees that its plugged in to the device manager
so it doesnt see it as a hardware change

what i need to fix is the option to recognize my zune and allow it to operate on my computer.

the zune software wont load at all, and i've tried installing it twice, with the current updates, and when i click to open it, with or without a zune plugged in, nothing loads...

Plug the Zune into the computer and go to Control Panel>Add Hardware. During the process you'll get an option asking you if the devices is connected to the computer already. Click the bubble that confirms connectivity. The PC should recognize the device and automatically instsall the drivers. After that your all set.

Hope that helped.

Back
Top Bottom