HELP needed. Monitor problems!

J1995

Beta member
Hello, having trouble with my monitor. Every time I switch it on, it powers up as normal for 1-2 seconds and then goes black as if it's in sleep mode. It has been doing this for week and is completely disfunctional so I can't use it and it's really frustrating. Anybody know what the problem is/how to fix it? I have been told it could be a 'backlight' issue. Strictly speaking it's not a monitor, it's a television. The model is Samsung SyncMaster P2270HD. Many thanks in advance.

yes, Even when I just switch the TV on, not plugged into anything the screen shows up 'no input detected' screen etc then it blacks out. Connected into my laptop, shows up for a second then blacks out.

Sounds like the screens backlight tube is failing. You will get it to work for a few seconds/mins when cold and then once it gets to the right temp it will stop lighting. The only way to test this is to plug it into a tv or another monitor.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Also if it is the backlight you will see a faint image on the screen when you shine a torch into the screen.

But when it blacks out, the standby light also comes on as if it's shut down, not just the picture stopped appearing.

Ok that's odd. Unless its a safety feature. So your saying it does not work on any input such as a freeview box or another pc input ?

It does not work with any input at all, it turns on for a couple of seconds then blacks out into sleep mode.

Then it's 100% the screen at fault. If not a backlight fault then it's something else but whatever it is I think your going to need a new screen.

Humm I think it's possible that the backlight could be cutting out and as a safety feature putting your monitor to standby. It may be worth googling your tvs make and model and look for similar posts and a manual to look at the troubleshooting section. Alternatively try and get hold of a phone number and call the technical support department.

I don't service monitors so I wouldn't know what to look for but my bet is that it's a software fault or the backlight is causing your monitor to go into sleep mode.

Back
Top Bottom