help needed i dont know whats going on

imported_B_O

Baseband Member
Hi,

My emachines t6412 has problem and does not boot up anymore.

Here is what happened:
1) I was looking at a Web site that I go to with 3 other PCs and I know that's a safe site.
2) PC suddenly reboots. It was like if the power went out for a moment, but it didn't because other PCs were still on.
3) Now the PC does not boot.

What happens when I turn on the PC:
1) First screen is the vedeo card info.
2) Next screen is a big "e" (emachines logo) with F2=Bios and F10=Boot menu at the bottom right.
3) It's stuck at "e" screen and does not go to the next screen.
4) Neither F2 nor F10 works even if I keep pressing those many time right after I turn on the PC.

I removed the hard drive and plugged it into my other and scanned it got no viruses. I removed the ram stick and stuck in another that i know works and still got the same problem. Every now and then i can get it to get past this stage and begin loading windows but it would freeze up. i also tried a linux live cd and it would also begin to load but then freeze up. I would think my motherboard is fried but id think nothing would show up on the screen. Maybe my processor?

It's still possible that the motherboard is shot. Take a look at all the capacitors on the motherboard. If any are buldging, leaking, or popped open your board is shot.

Did you try and reset the CMOS?

If not try to do that and see if you can get it to boot up into Windows.

It's still possible that the motherboard is shot. Take a look at all the capacitors on the motherboard. If any are buldging, leaking, or popped open your board is shot.

I already looked they are perfect. There isnt even any dust in the case.

Did you try and reset the CMOS?

If not try to do that and see if you can get it to boot up into Windows.
What is that how do i do it?

I'm sure you could find it in the manual you got with your PC. If not, you could remove the battery off the motherboard, wait a few minutes and then put if back in.

I think it could me a motherboard issue,check that all the cables and the connectors are together.

Back
Top Bottom