HELP! my secondary partion is Gone!

WhatsMyUserName

Baseband Member
im on a MEDION E6210, and its been going fine, but the other day i noticed that it had only 900mb used(it is a 20gb partition out of a WD 250gb,and has always had 9gb used, it was a recovery partition that came with the computer and i never use it for anything)and i tried to open it to view it, then explorer crashed on me, so i restarted explorer and went back to computer, and it only said "local disk d:/" with no blue bar or anything, like the icon for a usb stick or something. and i tried to go in again and another explorer hissy fit, then i looked again, and it was gone!but funnily enough, the 20gb has vanished to, and the partition still shows up in disk managment. but i cant format or delete it for some reason. Please help me i dont even want the partition i just want my 20gb back. Im using Windows Vista x32 home edition SP1.

I would leave it if I were you. A recovery partition can really come in handy if you need to recover your system.

If you really want to remove the partition, the only way that I know of doing this is to reinstall Windows and delete the current partitions (during the Windows installation), then create a new partition that takes up the whole 250GB drive. You will probably need a fresh copy of Windows, most of the recovery or restore disks that come with notebooks (at least that I've seen) will re-create the recovery partition. Also, you would need to be sure you have all of the necessary drivers for your notebook's hardware.

I would leave it if I were you. A recovery partition can really come in handy if you need to recover your system.

If you really want to remove the partition, the only way that I know of doing this is to reinstall Windows and delete the current partitions (during the Windows installation), then create a new partition that takes up the whole 250GB drive. You will probably need a fresh copy of Windows, most of the recovery or restore disks that come with notebooks (at least that I've seen) will re-create the recovery partition. Also, you would need to be sure you have all of the necessary drivers for your notebook's hardware.

hmmm... yes i think i might have to do a fresh install, plus it would give me a reason to get rid of vista, and get xp back.im sick of trying to play games not made for vista and then watching them crash for no apparent reason.and that program compatibility utilitie isnt worth the hdd space it uses lol.thanks for answering

Back
Top Bottom