Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-25-2006, 04:41 AM   #1
Baseband Member

Send a message via MSN to tahsin_hossain Send a message via Yahoo to tahsin_hossain
Default Help!!! My Pc Keeps Restarting!!!

Hey guyz, this is a really shifty prob I've been having ever since a few days back. Now, this ALL NEW duty of my PC is to restart COMPLETELY every time I change a visualizer display in Windows Media Player 10. Can any1 explain this problem? Btw, I ve recently told off the Graphics Display Icon to 'not appear' and function in the taskbar. <<Wonder if this is related.

tahsin_hossain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:26 AM   #2
Solid State Member

Send a message via AIM to hystephen
Default Re: Help!!! My Pc Keeps Restarting!!!

I had tat before. It just restarting over and over. It prob. is from hackers, because it just restartin and restartin, so its pointless. The only way to do is kill your program. Its called "death blue scren" i tink. But i encourage u to ask others. If the comp. just restartin over and over and over before u log on your comp.

hystephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to connchri

I don't see how the Display icon could affect the WMP.

Perhaps a bug in a driver and code in WMP that causes the problem, it uses hardware acceleration for it. Try updating your graphics drivers and see if there's any WMP 10 updates. Other than that, perhaps a config file is currupt for WMP 10 so try reinstalling that too - uninstalling it 1st before installing it again - not over the top.

If that doesn't help, give it a good kick! or preferebly, get back to the forum and tell us if it does anything else usuall.

Also, do you have any problems using other hardware accelerated programs or other parts of WMP10? Try a few games, and mess about with WMP10.

And check out DXDIAG too. If your updating your drivers, use WQHL ones.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:20 PM   #4
Baseband Member

hi..
my suggestion is to just un install and reinstall the application..If the un install did'nt work, then u manually delete that and remove the registry entries by using registry cleaners and temp cleaners .
if once again u get the same problem then the file is corrupted ,and u have to go with other one .
if the computer is restarting when u switch on,then go to safe mode and kill that software.
curioust is offline   Reply With Quote