help with my notebook lagging

hah2110

Solid State Member
OK, let me start off by saying that I am VERY computer literate. No need to talk in non sense lamens terms. Here is what I have:

Processor: 1.4 GHz Mobile Intel Pentium 4 Processor
System Bus Speed: 400 MHz
Number of Processors: 1
RAM: 512 MB
RAM Type: DDR SDRAM
Max RAM: 1024 MB
L2 Cache: 1 MB
Memory Slots: 2
Hard Drive: 60 GB

Basically, I am going to college in the summer. I had the choice to get a bigger, more desktop oriented notebook... Or stick with the light and get the tad slower centrino. Figuring that I would be going class to class with it, I picked the lighter one. The thing really is a workhorse. I can break open photo editing, AIM, and IE and of course it lags... but all computers do. Point being is it really slows down with the simple stuff. Like sometimes clicking on the E takes maybe 5 seconds before it opens. I am really confused. Now, my computer is also a fortress. There is not one piece of spyware/malware/adware on this computer, or a virus for that matter. 3 programs run every night one after another plus I defrag and run a disk cleanup nearly every week.

So, does anyone have any advice. I was thinking about RAM but I shouldnt need it. Then I thought about a faster hard drive but that eats up more battery.

Speaking of battery, it is bad. It doesnt get nearly what it should. The meter displays like 2.8 hours and I maybe get 2. Any help with all these issues would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom