help with my laptop

danny_2132

Baseband Member
hey ive recently encountered a problem on my hpdv1000. I cannot connect to my router. The router shows up but it doesnt connect. All other devices such as my desktop,psp and smartphone can connect to the router without any problems but the laptop doesnt work. The laptops running xp sp3, intel centrino 1.7 ghz with 512 ram.
Any help would be apreciated.
Thanxz

Anny

Are you trying to connect wireless? Can you try plugging an ethernet cable in?

If your using wireless, can you connect to other Wi-Fi spots in your city?

Maybe try to repair the connection? Control panel, network connections, right click the connection and choose repair. Its worth a try, if it doesnt work, let us know so we can help!

you mite try to change the connection from open to shared or vice versa i had a problem like that once, it could also be a problem with the modem or router

Does your laptop have a physical switch on the case you may have bumped and turn off/stand by the wireless?

its on wireless built in and ive been using the laptop for around 4 years with no problems, untill now.

ive tried repairing, checking the router settings and changing the settings on my laptop,

sometimes it connects by itself for a bit then it would dropout, i would still see the name of my wireless but it when i try and connect it would say waiting for router and loads then just stops.

Change the wireless channel on your wireless router. And then wipe all settings of the orginal network off your laptop.

Your neighbour might have got wireless and its now clashing.

oh yer theres about 4-5 wireless networks available which is weird cause i live in a house not a unit.

lets say this is the problem,, how come i can connect to my router from my smart phone, desktop and psp connect perfectly...?

Have you looked at the wireless card inside your laptop? Someone I know had a similar problem, but just used an Ethernet cord until she gave me her laptop to replace the DC In socket. Upon disassembly, I noticed that one of two small cables (micro BNC is what I'd call them, they run to the antenna in the screen) wasn't attached to it's port on her card. So after replacing her DC socket, I reconnected the cable and now her wireless works fine!

Back
Top Bottom