Help! My GPU is acting wierd!

keshavkd

Solid State Member
My PC specs are :
AMD Athlon X2 240 Processor
Gigabyte - M61PME-S2P Motherboard (PCI - Express 2.0 x 16)
3 GB DDR2 RAM
Windows 7 x86
Zotac nVidia GT 240 DDR5
500 GB SATA Seagate HDD
18.5" DELL D1920 Monitor
400W SMPS

Hi guys. My PC was working fine yesterday but when I switched my PC on today, the screen just doesn't go past the Starting windows screen. My monitor shows no signal and the light goes from blue to orange. Tried safe mode. Was working fine.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for the GT 240. Restarted. Went past the screen. Booted up normally. Opened my browser. Watched a youtube video. Paused it. Minimized it. And opened it again. The monitor again displayed no signal. Had to restart it and now it didn't go past the starting windows screen.
Removed my cabinet case, dusted, removed the GPU, fixed it back again, checked the cables and switched the PC on. It went passed the screen but I eventually, in about 15 minutes, the screen went off again. This time I was listening to songs. The speakers produced a revving sound and stopped playing the music. My PC fans were still running. The GPU fan as well.
Last attempt was to do a system restore. That didn't work out as well. Removed my GPU and I am now using onboard memory.

Any reason why this is happening? Is my GPU failing? Or is my power supply not enough? It was working fine for 10 months. I bought the GT240 in March last year.

Do you know the specs of your PSU as your GPU requires 300-watt power supply recommended and 61-watt max power consumption.

Back
Top Bottom