HELP My Computer Refuses To Work

PukeBucket

Beta member
Last friday I downloading malicious software most likely by using a technique to get a file that would most likely contract some sort of malicious software like such.

My computer was frozen and needed to be shut down, I am running Windows XP on it and the computer is roughly 5 years old but the problem is not from these factors. When I turn the computer on, it asks if i want to start windows normally etc. My USB keyboard turns on for a little then when it gets to that screen it does not even light up let alone work, so I used a different non-usb keyboard. After that, I tried Safe Mode, Safe Mode With Networking, Safe Mode With Command Prompt, Start Windows with last known Good Configuration, and Start Windows Normally, every option just caused it to restart before going to the desktop or giving me any other options. I tried putting the the Windows XP software disc while it was starting up to hopefully force it to run that disc or something but NOTHING is working.

Please, please, please help me. I really don't care what I have to do, I wouldn't mind completely wiping the computer, I would probably prefer that.

Last friday I downloading malicious software most likely by using a technique to get a file that would most likely contract some sort of malicious software like such.

My computer was frozen and needed to be shut down, I am running Windows XP on it and the computer is roughly 5 years old but the problem is not from these factors. When I turn the computer on, it asks if i want to start windows normally etc. My USB keyboard turns on for a little then when it gets to that screen it does not even light up let alone work, so I used a different non-usb keyboard. After that, I tried Safe Mode, Safe Mode With Networking, Safe Mode With Command Prompt, Start Windows with last known Good Configuration, and Start Windows Normally, every option just caused it to restart before going to the desktop or giving me any other options. I tried putting the the Windows XP software disc while it was starting up to hopefully force it to run that disc or something but NOTHING is working.

Please, please, please help me. I really don't care what I have to do, I wouldn't mind completely wiping the computer, I would probably prefer that.

If you don't mind, go for it. That will definitely fix your computer. Have you tried doing a repair install of of the OS disk?

If you don't mind, go for it. That will definitely fix your computer. Have you tried doing a repair install of of the OS disk?

i'm not sure what you mean by OS disk but i can't do anything on the computer that's the problem haha it doesn't let me do anything o_O

ok basically guys:

MY COMPUTER IS IN AN ENDLESS CYCLE OF RESTARTING

no one has helped yet -_-

Reformatting will probably be your best choice, do you any information about the malicious software? What were you downloading? Maybe if you search the internet about what you downloaded on another computer then other people could have had the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom