Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-04-2006, 12:42 PM   #11
Daemon Poster
Default Re: Help with MS Office 2007

i was also thinking of trying the ms office beta. i don't currently have ms office or word now...if i try out the office beta, when the beta period is over do you think i would at least get to keep word?.... cause that's all i'm interested in getting anyways. i have wordperfect now, and don't like it. and i don't want open office either. (please, no "i can get it for you" type stuff either....not interested, thanks).

the ms site says this: "All 2007 Microsoft Office system Beta 2 software has an expiration date of February 1, 2007. After expiration, 2007 Microsoft Office system Beta 2 will continue to work in a reduced functionality mode that limits your options and operations."

but i am wondering if ms word will still work enough to be usefull....hmmm?

Antec 300 Case, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3GHz, Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L, PNY 4GB PC6400 800MHz DDR2 RAM, XFX Radeon HD 5550 1GB DDR3 Ram, 1TB Western Digital Black 7200 32MB cache, 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, Antec Earthwatts 500 Watts
thebigdintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:52 PM   #12
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se
Default Re: Help with MS Office 2007

wont let you keep it. well not for free legally anyway

Laptop spec: ASUS X53E, i5 2430m 2.4ghz, 3gb ram, 320gb hdd, intel hd graphics, usb 3.0
dude_se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #13
Solid State Member
Thumbs up Re: Help with MS Office 2007

Sorry I hadn't posted back: I had a few problems with the PC.

Anyway, 'discard the new version and use the new version', lol

I meant 'discared the new version and use the old one', because people sent blank bodies as e-mails with the beta and so I wanted to stick with the reliable version. My e-mail is very important, see!

Anyway, I found just making Outlook 2007 'not available' did the trick. I love Office '07. It didn't hog any more ram than '03 when I checked. Live previews are cool, appearing instantly, and when I click away, the go away instantly! The GUI means my workflow is a lot quicker and my word processing is almost seamless! I love Office '07 and I want to buy it when the licence expires

SCA is offline   Reply With Quote