Help me speed up a year old computer

what exactley did u install off the asus CD?? theres a gear kinda app on there which i uninstalled cuz it was pointless. go into bios and put in performance.

when i built the computer i installed most of the stuff off the cd... right now i have Ai booster, ASUS DH remote, ASUS update, and PC Probe II. I've had those programs since the beginning... just haven't used them.

what i would do is reinstall WinXP. then after that run a disk defrag. and it should be almost as fast as new.

and u could definitely consider OCing
what kinda cooling u on? stock Heatsink fan?

If he does a full format, he wont need to run De frag as his drive will be empty, reinstall windows would be sufficient, before you do that, shut down un used programs, put video/Music on an external storage device, use compressed programs like Winrar or 7zip to reduce your files, run disc clean up at least once week, Ccleaner is a popular choice.

the temps you posted, are those idle temps? if so they are way too high, I would suggest the the cooler is not correctly seated.

Go back into your case and check the push pins that hold the cooler to the board, they are a useless design and come unclipped quite easily, I bet you'll find one or more not correctly clipped in.

CPU fan speed, you do have it plugged into the correct header on the m/board yes??

Can you post a pic of the inside of your case?

alright well... i replaced my new cpu fan with the stock intel one... and the temps are back to normal. according to pc probe II: MB is at 40, CPU at 37, CPU fan at 1022 rpms and power 2 fan at 2576 rpms. I tried hooking the arctic cooler fan up again but i just couldn't get it to fit snuggly. every time I thought it was on it would wiggle loose a little bit... very frustrating.

...alright well after waiting a few minutes the pc probe went off again saying that my temps were too high with my MB at 45 cpu fan at 1035 and power 2 fan at 2596... these are not that much difference, why is it giving me a warning?

Back
Top Bottom