Help me remove HP embedded software from my new PC

RKeaton

Baseband Member
Hello All

I just posted this question (with a much less specific title) and got some help from a member who goes by ArrizX MuziK. He suggested I make a new thread with a new title to get more help.

So I just bought a new system, an HP m7330n Media Center PC. As I said before, it was a big-time upgrade from my 5 year-old system with its Ahlon 1100 mhz processor and 256 mb of RAM. The new one has an AMD 64 X2 4200+ cpu and 1 gb of RAM. The thing is, it just doesn't seem that much faster than my old system, which is kind of a shock.

I mostly use it for internet use, watching videos and editing photos in Photoshop. I don't do gaming or anything like that. I know very little about computers but it just seems to me like it's slower than it should be.

I read a review by a guy who bought the same PC and he said his was slow at first because it came loaded with a bunch of junky software and once he'd 'cleaned it up' it was really fast. I don't know how to do much in the way of PC maintenance. I did delete a handful of seemingly needless programs just by going through the control panel and then 'add or remove programs'. But I don't know what else can be safely removed or what might be actually affecting the speed. I also don't know if there are other things that might be the cause of the apparent lack of speed.

The other guy said if I were to 'reformat' my computer it would help a lot. (I don't know what it even means.) He said it's easily done if I have the Windows disc, but it doesn't seem to be included with my new computer.

So, any suggestions on how to get my PC up to peak performance? Even though my uses aren't extremely demanding, I just don't like the idea of my shiny new system being 'bogged down' with stuff I don't want or need. I really want it to fly so I can impress my friends and make them think I really knew what I was doing when I researched and bought this particular system.

Any advice will be a big help. Thanks.

Rob

I have installed a couple things, Photoshop and a few others. ArrizX MusiK just recommended I call HP, haven't done it yet. Do you say that so I can get a Windows disc and do the reformat thing?

And is there anything else I can do in the meantime...

yea i agree with Arriz MusiK..call them up and tell them "Hi, I just got a virus on my brand new system can you please send me the Windows Xp Disc" or something like that. post back when u dont that

Back
Top Bottom