Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-30-2005, 04:45 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to winterfreshpwnz Send a message via MSN to winterfreshpwnz
Default HELP ME PLEASE! Built new comp and it wont boot!

OK guys I just built a new comp and it wont boot. The original problem i thought was that main connector which is supposed to hav ee a 24 pin go into it but the biggets my antec PSU came with was 20, so i left the bottom 4 out and it would go on but then i read a rteview on newegg for someone who got the asus sli board and they did the same thing only theirs did boot. My setup is asus a8nsli, 3500 winchester, crucial ballistix, 6600 gt, 120gig seagate hdd. Sorry for the bad spelling but im in a rush and sorry for not that much info but everything should be plugged in cuz i even doublechecked and read a guide online. Does anyone have any clue what the problem is? My fans are all connected, hdd led, pwr and reset button, all other components are plugged in and it wont boot. Any ideas? Thanks so muhch.

Old 01-30-2005, 04:52 PM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: HELP ME PLEASE! Built new comp and it wont boot!

Make sure you plug the 12V 4-pin plug into the motherboard as well as the 20 pin motherboard power plug from the power supply to the board.

Old 02-03-2005, 09:02 AM   #3
In Runtime

Send a message via ICQ to Slaughter Send a message via AIM to Slaughter Send a message via MSN to Slaughter Send a message via Yahoo to Slaughter

And also be sure that the motherboard isn't grounding out on the case. Tis a common problem.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:06 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to winterfreshpwnz Send a message via MSN to winterfreshpwnz

OK nvm guys I got it to work, at least for the most part. Still a few weird things going on with it, but it works.