HELP me please... AGP

Jakealien

Baseband Member
Ok my system is dated as it only accepts AGP. I have a X1950Pro 512MB graphics card that I bought the other week and I thought it would give me freeview but it didn't. I don't know alot about computers and thought a graphics card was for television. Anyhow I found out I need a DVB-t Tv Tuner, but I can only find ones with a PCI slot. Can anyone point me in the direction, a direct link would be useful to get a DVB-t Tv Tuner with a AGP slot? Or are these just not available anymore which will mean I wasted my time in getting the sapphire card thing!!!! And I will have to upgrade! :mad: AGAIN!!!

PCI has been around quite A while, I am fairly sure you would have at least one...look on you're motherboard for a white slot...AGP are for graphics cards, not for TV Tuner cards

You are probably confusing PCI with PCI-Express, the latter being something only more modern PCs have

Matt

My computer is two years old now.

Edit: OMG I just found five!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK i decided to install the graphics card, i need a molex to pcie power converter, any ideas anyone if i can get one?

Yes, usually they come with the card. I know the store i work at sells them so i'm sure others do. I do belive newegg has them too, but i don't know for sure.

Unfortunately it didn't come with the card but i'm looking for one now. Another problem is that the grapics card takes up two slots and there is a metal bar between each slot on my pc. Is there any way around this?

Depening on what that bar is for yes. If it is there to support the side cover (can't see why, but just incase), then i wouldn't wanna mess with it. However, if it's just there to be there, you could probally take a pair of tin-snips and cut it off. Just be carefull that you don't cut any wires, or scrape any boards.

My computer has a Athlon fx-55 processor, i may purchase the fx-60, is it just a case of swapping them over?

Back
Top Bottom