Help me Please

Well, I would like to do some gaming. I haven't really had many gaming options on my current computer, because of its hardware. I would like to play games like farcry, etc. But, not very often. If that makes any sense.

I just want an all around good computer, that I can do anything on, and it will perform well.

Well if you wanting to run newer games like Farcry and halflife 2 and stuff your gonna have to get atleast 512 RAM, also what video card are you planning on sticking in it?

I am getting a whole new setup after 5 hours on the internet today. This is what it is.

Premium 2526 Blue ATX Case
Mach Speed VenomV2DP MoBo
AMD Duron 1.8ghz
Viking 512MD PC 2700 DDR Ram
Maxtor 30 gig Harddrive
Windows XP SP2

It has a vid card integrated in the mobo, and I will use that until I can buy a better card. I don't expect to play farcry, etc until I get a better vid card.

Seems like a good setup! Yea you will need to wait to play farcry or any new games, i would suggest getting a 9600xt very good card and not to much money!

it's not that much more expensive and if you get 2 sticks of 128 megabyte ram then you motherboad (i assume can dual channel) will dual channel your ram giving you more speed for just a little less.

mr.monger said:
thats probably better than what youre using now. if you dont plan to be doing too much with your computer that will be good. why windows xp??? try 2000 its good if not better.

is windows 2000 better than win xp? why is that so?

I would like to know about the windows 2000 also. I kinda like xp.

Well, it is good to know that I have chosen a good setup. :) I am much happier with this one than with the other one. And, it is not an OEM computer, so I can upgrade it whenever I feel like it.

Thanks for all of your help guys. :)

Back
Top Bottom