help me overclock

golfer07

In Runtime
ok all i no about overclocking is to raise FSB so i did and it was at 2.4 o ya and to up the voltage a lil bit so i did all that it was running awesome at 2.4 and i wanted to play COD2 so i did and after like 5-10mins the whole CPU froze up so i lowered it to 2.3 and it works fine now. but people say change the memory settings tried that and everytime i do it boot up and so i take a stick out change the settings back to auto save then put the other stick back in and then it works fine so ya i need some help :) o ya i have the msi k8n sli motherboard and it has this dynamic overclocking feature but idk how to use it so if i should just use that lemme know and i will see how to use that.

i suggest you do alot more researching if you run into a problem you can say bye to your computer.

Well I would start by checking your temperatures with a program like SpeedFan.

Also your RAM might be limiting you. EX : Right now I can't get past 2.2 With my Opty because of crappy Motherboard and RAM.

temps are fine under 40 on load but idk its fine at 2.3 runs great dont need to o/c so im just going to leave it at that ! :)

Your RAMs not keeping up...Read my guide! The link that jac006 posted is the one :)

Cheers jac

What is your compleat specs? When i 1st got my 2.4GHZ P4 i OCed it to 2.7 and it was way unstable but i had 512 PC2100 RAM a MX4000 GPU and a 300watt PSU. When i upgraded my RAM to a gig of some decent PC3200 and i got a new PSU of 480watts my CPU OCed to 2.8 no problem.

So check out thoes things.

Back
Top Bottom