Help me out--- new computer build

guys if his drives arn't spinning and he has all power connectors correct then its got to be his PSU. Do u have another one that u can try?

Can you post a decent picture of the inside of your computer?

Do a few and show the ATX connector, back of the drives, etc.

i think, with the help of my trusty computer's teacher, im going to send back the psu and the mobo, and get them replaced. i will do it tomorrow afternoon, but i will get the things done, like the picture of the inside, when i get home.

newrig006.jpg

there's the pic. tell me what im doing wrong now.

Thats a good pic!

Ok check that you have placed the RAM modules in the correct slots. I'm suggesting this because if I use two modules in my Mobo then I would use the two yellow slots. Not the Yellow & Red as you have. But I have an ASUS mobo and the config might be different. But look into this before you return the goods.

The RAM module thats in the 1st RED slot.... put it in the second YELLOW slot and see what happens.
:)

Ahh yes, thats a prob, but dont send ur mobo back yet. only ur PSU to start. it looks like a cheap PSU

keep them in one color and u'll be in dual channel

no change in the problem, still shows no signal.

if it takes out a variable, when i plug in and unplug the monitor cable, the monitor restates the "no signal" message.

if i used a different power supply do you think it would work? i have one i might be able to use if i am allowed to take it out of a computer...that isnt mine.

no change in the problem, still shows no signal.

if it takes out a variable, when i plug in and unplug the monitor cable, the monitor restates the "no signal" message.

if i used a different power supply do you think it would work? i have one i might be able to use if i am allowed to take it out of a computer...that isnt mine.

Yes. By all means try a different PSU if you can get hold of one.

what power supply should i buy? you know what im running, i dont plan on upgrading the computer at all, except for maybe some more ram. i'd like to keep it under 75 bucks or so, and buy from newegg so that the return works well.

Back
Top Bottom