Help me OC this beast

okay
i thought that it was stable
till today
so here is my latest
testb2.jpg

and should i keep trying if i get a blue screen and it performs a physical memory dump?

okay then
so when im trying to play RC Tycoon 3 and it just randomly reboots
with no flaw in the game on in Vista
no error occuring
that means that its not stable is it?
btw my NB is at 1.4V and my VCore is at 1.35V
any advice is appreciated

to post this i dropped it back to 2.66 GHz
that way i know i can actually use my pc :|

hmmm you seem to be having a lot of problems :(

Im actually thinking about purchasing the 790i Ultra, my friend kinda pushed me toward it today because ddr3 will be mainstream soon, and i like to think about the future when im upgrading or building something so ya man i really hope i dont have any of these problems with my Q6700, hope everything works out for you though man

okay
i thought that it was stable
till today
so here is my latest

and should i keep trying if i get a blue screen and it performs a physical memory dump?
So you're saying it's not stable in Prime 95? Did you get a blue screen?
okay then
so when im trying to play RC Tycoon 3 and it just randomly reboots
with no flaw in the game on in Vista
no error occuring
that means that its not stable is it?
btw my NB is at 1.4V and my VCore is at 1.35V
any advice is appreciated
OK, has this only been happening since your OC? It might not be a problem with stability at all.

Is 1.4V the lowest available NB voltage, or increased by one notch?
i have half the mind to get a Q6600 and OC that!
it seems that it OCs better the the Q6700
Nope, Q6600s are more difficult. They have a 9x max multi and the Q6700s were picked because they are able to run at 2.66GHz.

So you're saying it's not stable in Prime 95? Did you get a blue screen?

OK, has this only been happening since your OC? It might not be a problem with stability at all.

Is 1.4V the lowest available NB voltage, or increased by one notch?

Nope, Q6600s are more difficult. They have a 9x max multi and the Q6700s were picked because they are able to run at 2.66GHz.

no at start up i get the blue screen

yes since the OC

and not the NB is bumped up 2 notches i belive

hmmmm
so whats making me go bald?

Cabbs, ATF, help me out here...
no at start up i get the blue screen

yes since the OC

and not the NB is bumped up 2 notches i belive

hmmmm
so whats making me go bald?
Damn you Nvidia motherboards, why do you have to make overclocking so hard!
Sorry, it's probably not the chipset's fault. I've heard a lot of talk about the recent batches of C2Qs being poor overclockers, this could be the reason why you're having such a hard time.

Open up CPU-Z whilst the system is idling with your current overclock, record the voltage. Now, start Prime95 with CPU-Z still running, record the voltage whilst the CPU is under full load. The drop in voltage is called Vdrop, and if it's substantial, you'll have to pump up the Vcore a little more, what are your temps like?

Cabbs, ATF, help me out here...

Damn you Nvidia motherboards, why do you have to make overclocking so hard!
Sorry, it's probably not the chipset's fault. I've heard a lot of talk about the recent batches of C2Qs being poor overclockers, this could be the reason why you're having such a hard time.

Open up CPU-Z whilst the system is idling with your current overclock, record the voltage. Now, start Prime95 with CPU-Z still running, record the voltage whilst the CPU is under full load. The drop in voltage is called Vdrop, and if it's substantial, you'll have to pump up the Vcore a little more, what are your temps like?

Could be a variety of things..

Temperature (especially if it he has trouble staying in a game)
Power supply?
Vcore drop

How about he tries the pencil mod we did?

Temperature (especially if it he has trouble staying in a game)
I read 60 something in HW whilst P95 is running, games would be much lower than that. (OP, can you use Realtemp or Coretemp to mesure temps, they're more accurate)
Power supply?
His PSU is 850W and a lack of power would result in reboots but not blue screens.
Vcore drop
This is what I'm most interested in.

Back
Top Bottom