Help Me With My New Computer

Screw anti-static bags, those are cumbersome, just take all yoru parts to a table that's on wood floor or tile or lunolium(sp?), that's what I did, and everythign works out fine. None of this anti-static bag non-sense.

But, that computer is awesome! I'd get it if i had the money!

ChaosPsychoGame said:
Well, I've bought two computers so far; one from CyberPower, and one from Fry's. I've been dissapointed with both of them, and am going to return the second one tomorrow. Anyways, this time I thought I'd fetch out the money to buy an Alienware computer, because everyone I know who has one has no negative feedback other than the cost. So, I was wondering how this setup is, and if anyone has any recommendations on different parts to get.

Alienware nForce4 SLI Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 with Service Pack 2
Alienware 650 Watt ATX 2.0 Power Supply
Alienware AlienIce 2.0 Video Cooling with Acoustic Dampening
256 MB PCI-Express x16 NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GTX
AlienAdrenaline: Video Performance Optimizer
1 GB -2 x 512 MB Ultra Low Latency PC3200 SDRAM at 400 Mhz
250 GB Serial ATA II 3Gb 7200 RPM w/ 32MB
Optical Drive 1: 16x DVD-ROM drive with software DVD Decoder
Optical Drive 2: 16x Dual Layer DVD + R/W Drive
Integrated High Performance 7.1 Surround Sound with S/PDIF & coaxial digital outputs
Integrated High Performance Gigabit Ethernet
Alienware 10-in-1 Digital Media Reader/Writer
Alienware Respawn Recovery Kit

Well, that's the computer I've set up so far. Does anyone recommend any changes that I should look about making. I was thinking 1 GB Ultra Low Latency would be alright for me, because I can OC it, and, at least at this point in time, I don't really use any very intense RAM-eating programs. I intend to use this computer for extreme gaming, mostly WoW, and Doom 3, but also maybe a bit of F.E.A.R., and any new games that come out. So, can anyone give me any feedback on this possible future computer; and if you have an Alienware computer, can you tell me if it has pleased you or not.

Also, will the 2.0 Video Cooling be adequate for a bit of OCing, not extreme, but some? And I'm under the impression that this computer has a lot of room for expansion. Am I correct in assuming that?

2 gigs of ram.
WD Raptor drives. (Raid-0)
and media edition of XP BITES. Get Pro.

Back
Top Bottom