HELP ME!!Disc compatability or just some other f#';ing problem

hungar101

Baseband Member
Need some advice people................., I have left this problem for weeks even months now, and now ive had enough !!!.
The thing is i can not burn any of my dvd video files to disc with my nero 6, it goes through all the motions of about to burn the read buffer goes up, but then i get this illgal disc burn failed messeage everytime. how can i tell if its a dvd disc compatability with my dvd writer ( which i have doubted cause when this problem first started it was cause of these disc,s id bought from the super market, so i bought some others sony 1s and still no luck but id never had any problems like this b4.
All so i have been getting this error lately telling me im missing advrcntr2 dll, having done some reserch on the net i found others with the same problem, but i still can not find a site from which i can simply download the needed file easily without tryin free shity software. my computers in need of some love. but this problems got me well pissed off, i wont rule out that the dvds i have may just not work, but since i wasted money buyin fifty of the buggers im in no rush to buy anymore till im 100% sure whats wrong. and just to give the best possible info for you guys to help, i started having this problem at the begining when i was converting my avi to dvd with winavi and althou the preview screen had done the film seemed to have had finished the counter had gone to zero, but it still went on for bout ten mins, maybe it was unrealated
:( :mad: :confused:

Are you trying to copy a retail DVD?? Nero probably won't let you, since it's copyright protected.

Anyway, is this only with one pack of DVDs?? It's possible you just got a bad batch, you can probably return them to the store in that case.

The files are all downloaded, rips or whatever, i never had this problem b4 and i have been burning 4 a while now. i suppose i could go an buy a small pack of dvds an try them. any ideas on how to fix my missing advrcntr2,dll or where to download for free, im not sure what it is or how it works, is it something to do with nero or the registry anyways any advice would be appreciated :confused:

here try this , convert your avi files with win avi then burn them with super dvd creator, its how i do all mine, you can convert and burn with super dvd creator but i find the video and audio go out of sink so i do the above with no problems

Heres a possible fix for the .dll problem. It would appear that the problem occurs after upgrades and an old dll may be lying around the place. (When the upgrade occurs and if the old file is still there, the new installatiion may not overwrite it, if it is still running in the background.)

The fix appears to be to use Nero's Clean Tool, a veriety of which can be found at their website, here : http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/Clean_Tools.html

THERE ARE WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS on how to do this so as always, errr .... read them.

http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284711

http://forums.torrentportal.com/fpost64398.html

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom