buy amd 64 x2 4600+ socket 939 for $225

then sell old cpu on ebay for aprox $40
total cost $310

then i thought maybe i can do this
update to the following
ECS NFORCE570 Mobo $75
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe $220
Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 667 PC2 5300 Dual Channel $195

Then sell all my older stuff i guess i can get $170 for old mobo cpu and ram on ebay
total cost of all new updates aprox $320.

Help me decide which way to go.

Get the CPU and RAM. It's more worth it to hold to your system that can get higher speeds. Also, if you buy that rig, where's the HDD and optical drives?

He already has 2x300gig hard drives from his previous system that he would be using...

lhuser said:
Well, yes, but maybe the guy's got in mind to sell the drives.
Oh well in that case he would need to get new ones, but I wouldn't understand why unless maybe the ones he has now are IDE, and wants sata.

hascet said:
Oh well in that case he would need to get new ones, but I wouldn't understand why unless maybe the ones he has now are IDE, and wants sata.

but thats really not to practicle yet...as far as Opticals are concerned...I mean yes there are SATA opticle drives but no they are not worth it...correct me if im wrong though...

and IDE will be OK for HD for a little while longer...I think lol

I do have Sata and all other necessary peripherals. So option 1 i would stay AMD with new cpu and more ram or option 2 get Intel mobo and cpu and ram and sell all the old AMD stuff.

well i went the intel route. the parts came in and i quickly assembled and benchmarked it using 3dmark 05. link below is screen shot of the results. tell me what you think. 3dmark results

Back
Top Bottom