help me decide on a graphics card...

Get a Radeon 9800 Pro from ebay. I take it you're looking at cheap and cheerful? If you want to future proof your rig a little while longer, then go for a Geforce 6800 GT or above.

ACDC ROX said:
for god sake no offense why do you people like pay hundreds of dollars, for graphics cards.

just play the game on ps2 or soemthing.

like these 256 mb cards that give DECENT performance(as MikeReinder says)

i mean come on what is this?

i have a radeon 9200se

my mom has a intel built in to the mobo vid card and i cant make out any differences.
FYI that is a 128 mb video card that is $140, when you compare it to the performance of say.. a 6800GT or ULTRA, that is a fucking steal.
not to mention, hl2 and ut2k4 aren't even on ps2, playing FPS games on consoles suck anyway.

ACDC ROX said:
for god sake no offense why do you people like pay hundreds of dollars, for graphics cards.

just play the game on ps2 or soemthing.

like these 256 mb cards that give DECENT performance(as MikeReinder says)

i mean come on what is this?

i have a radeon 9200se

my mom has a intel built in to the mobo vid card and i cant make out any differences.

Becuase graphics on a computer are so much better then the consoles. Yeah the Xbox 360 and PS3 will be just as good or better but then new stuff will come out for the computer and then the graphics will be better then the consoles. I mean have you ever played Battlefield on maxed settings? It is so awesome looking, then I go play my xbox and it is just horrible.

Don't forget the sound effects in BF2. Like the rustling of clothes etc when you have the newest card from Creative labs. EAX 5 I think it uses (Ultra high quality sound).

allenn812 said:
Wow, i dont think the guy were talking to has a athlon 64 4000+. Like the one in the test......

What?

Oh and I forgot to answer your question. Get the 6200, I had it and I was able to play HL2 on decent settings

The Amish Kid said:
What?

Oh and I forgot to answer your question. Get the 6200, I had it and I was able to play HL2 on decent settings

That necro guy tried to prove me wrong, but in the link he posted. In the test the person had a athlon 64 4000+, and likly a gig of ram, which obviously this guy doesnt have.

Back
Top Bottom