disturbed13

Daemon Poster
there are just too many!
32 bit
or
64 bit
what the differance?
is it worth the extra money?
is it even available on Vista Home Premium?
are there special hardware needs for a 64 bit system?
why am i hung up on 64 bit?
thanks for any help

if you plan on running a system with 4GB's or ram get the 64 bit because the 32 bit will not give you all of your ram...And yes 64 bit is available on home premium.....It is definitely worth the extra money if you are using 4 GBs or ram because there is no point in having it if you cant use it right....but make sure your system is compatible with 64 bit...What is your system specs so we can tell you if it will work

You'll never use 4gb even when running a 64bit edition. For the average desktop 2gb is generally adequate. There's a lot of farse about needing 4gb, 6gb, 8gb installed unless you are planning to run some intense programming like CAD development.

When going from 2gb to 4gb of memory on the build virtually no difference was seen performance wise in anything! When having first gone from 1gb to 2gb on an older build you could readily see XP at the time smooth itself out. Vista later ran quite well thank you.

With Vista seeing SP1 for the 32bit editions some 3.58gb is seen available for Windows and programs over XP's 3-3.12gb limts. The other 500mb is simply mapped out to hardwares as far as memory addresses.

The caution about 64bit editions while some rave they have their favorite games running is that you still can too easily run into problems with other programs and drivers for addon devices at times. If you have an older dsl setup the 64bit drivers may not be available as another thought there.

2.66 quad core CPU
4 GB ram
1.5 TB HDD in RAID 1
2x 8800GT GPUs
850w PSU
and some other cards and toys
DVD burner
and CD burner

What type of programs will you be running?

If Photoshop, or any editing software.=64 bit
If games.=32 bit

Vista Home Premium x64 will do you well with that setup.

I run it on an AMD system using an X2 5000+ BE, Gigabyte mobo, 4GB DDR2 800 and a 8800GT. It runs all my games just fine and is fully compatible with programs and hardware.

im going to have illustrator on it
and i want to game as well
but what the differance between 32 bit and 64 bit?
and where is the best place to buy?

I have Vista Home Premium 32-bit, and I had 4GB of RAM but had to take 2 out because it was faulty... And there is a pretty big difference between having 4gb of RAM and 2gb. Particularly in the startup and login time. In saying that, it still runs pretty smooth with just 2GB of ram.

-Rhys

Back
Top Bottom