Help me choose a cooler

I think that's just the amount of watts the processor is using from the PSU. Definitely not the VCore voltage, that's completely different.

And for the best cooling, I'd still say go for the Tuniq Tower 120.
tuniq_tower.jpg

Grr I just checked that one more time. I think there are different graphs for different classes of coolers. If I enter the Tuniq tower it is showing the best in most of the tests. However its not on the other series of tests if I search Thermalright SI. I can't even find the tuniq on the graph with the thermalright si. Just for curiousty I put up 2 windows and graphed them together. With them both at 120watts/full load high speed the Thermalright SI is showing a score of 40.7C and the Tuniq Shows 57.4C If you look though you won't see them on the same graph search each CPU individually. Now on the reverse end 120watts/Full load low speed the Thermalright SI shows 66C and the Tuniq shows 63.2C

Heres a link to the Thermalright

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835109129&ATT=35-109-129&CMP=OTC-Froogle

Question though it says I would need to buy a 120mm fan for maximum cooling. What fan should I get for it?

Anubis1980 said:
Hope the 9700 copper one fits my motherboard lol the 9500 says it will. And the Tuniq looks good.
Yeah, it's really nice. Loud at max RPM (like 2500 or something), but it does keep pretty cool at low speed where it's basically silent. The temps only change a few degrees when changing the fan speed, so it's no big deal.

Anubis1980 said:
Would i see much difference between the standard 9700 thermal paste and the arctic silver?

the difference won't be huge, but you should see 1-4 degrees C cooler once it's settled.

Back
Top Bottom