I'm trying to decide between two ssd drives
I Adding an images of this 2

ssd 256gb - Album on Imgur

ssd 240 GB - Album on Imgur

One is "SanDISK SSD PLUS MODEL SDSSDA-240GB SATA 6G/s "

THE OTHER IS " SanDISK X300s SD7SB3Q-256G -1006 "

i have a couple of Questions

1) Which one is better ? And newer ?

2) If I connect them to pc the one with 240GB show only 223GB and the one with 256GB Show me 238GB It's a 15GB Difference in Capacity storage IN THIS CASE

What you recommended ?

3) they both sata III (3) ? if no , its Critical difference between sata 3 and sata 2 ???

4) I plan to used the ssd drive with adapter cable usb Directly to computer like an External Hardisk to backup some files and stuff it a good idea ?

USB adapter connection speed will not fall down?
5) Maybe After a while I'll use it to connect internal hard drive for the operation system so which one better for two cases

I appreciate your help and want to Thanks in advance everyone

puuaW

2zVia

Both drives are sata 3 and probably have comparable performance. Use a USB 3 port because otherwise you won't come close to the speed of SSDs.

i have a couple of Questions

1) Which one is better ? And newer ?

2) If I connect them to pc the one with 240GB show only 223GB and the one with 256GB Show me 238GB It's a 15GB Difference in Capacity storage IN THIS CASE

What you recommended ?

3) they both sata III (3) ? if no , its Critical difference between sata 3 and sata 2 ???

4) I plan to used the ssd drive with adapter cable usb Directly to computer like an External Hardisk to backup some files and stuff it a good idea ?

USB adapter connection speed will not fall down?
5) Maybe After a while I'll use it to connect internal hard drive for the operation system so which one better for two cases

I appreciate your help and want to Thanks in advance everyone
2zVia

1) X300S is better

2) Don't worry about the difference, barely noticable. If the 15GB makes a huge difference to you then get the bigger one.

3) Yes, both SATA III

4) Using an SSD to backup files onto is a bad idea financially and is what I'd consider poor use. An SSD benefit is quick read/write times, so the main benefit is when the operating system is installed on it for quick boot times and snappy performance etc. If you want a drive for backup, buy a mehanical one instead, it's cheaper. And yes, the USB adapter WILL slow down the file transfer

5) If you intend on using the SSD later as an OS drive, then great. In this case, the X300S benchmarks better, but in all reality you probably won't see a big difference between the two.

Personally. I'd buy the cheapest!

Back
Top Bottom