Help Me Choose

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Okay, so the computer turns out okay, except that i have to get a refund my Gigabyte board, find a way to sell my 4800+ (if it still works), and the OCZ Vendetta 2 aftermarket HSF. I think i Ram might be a little damaged because it seems pretty slow, i will run Memtest later to find out, and i havent checked if my 8800GT yet.

*Skip this if you dont want to know what happened to my system*

Background
For those who doesnt know what happened to my computer, i recently bought a new OCZ 600W PSU, and swapped with a Gigbabyte board, and when i first install it, i heard a loud screeching noise and didnt stop till i unplugged it, then after a couple of hours, i heard a pop, and my whole system went down (came from the PSU because i saw a spark), then it just wouldnt post no more, put it back to my old motheboard, and it still wouldnt post. and i was freaking out because i was going to give the old board to an client of mine, and if the mobo died, i would i have to go buy a new one, and i just dont have the money. But everything turned out fine except what i said up there, and i got a refund from micro center for the PSU.

So anyways, i dont have a board to test my CPU, and i dont want to buy a new board to find out that the CPU doesnt work. So I think the Time is Now. The Time To Betray AMD, and Switch Over to Intel.

I need some help finding a board and CPU, my budget is $200 for now, i want a board that support DDR2 800, and PCI-E 2.0 if possible, and want a Core 2 Duo.

Right now i got an AMD board that doesnt support C2D, and has a Pentium D 2.80Ghz, and i am using my old ram, HDD, and drives.
So its kind of a big downgrade, and cant really game much until i get the board and CPU

Anyways, Thanks for those that helped.

i was thinking of getting that CPU, but not that Mobo, mainly because it only supports 667, and i want it to support 800, and PCI-E 2.0, and i want it to last me to about 1 year, I wont be Oc'ing by the way, and no micro ATX because my case doesnt support Micro, only ATX.
if i cant get them with $200, then please post some suggestion, and see how much i have to save up.
No Gigabyte boards please.
sorry for being a pain.

Edit - I was thinking of getting this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16813130185
it supports 800, PCI-E 2.0 X16. But my only concern is that will the ram slots interfere with an 8800GT dual slot?

or this
http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0281085
same thing, but again with the RAM slots. looks like it has nice cooling.

Back
Top Bottom