Help me build a computer for 1k

wwmost

Beta member
ok guys im getting sick of my hp i have now. im not as computer literate as most of you are so i need some help. i have 1k to spend and i know its cheaper to piece a computer together rather then buying it already built. this 1k is for EVERYTHING. all i do on my computer is watch streaming videos, burn cd's, store music, somtimes make movies, and microsoft word and aim. thats about it. i like playing some games too but its not somthing i do all the time. my comp gets kinda slow now when i stream videos and gets jumpy. i dont know where to start. i know i want windows. well guys spend my money!

You don't need to spend nearly 1k for the stuff you do on it... I can do all that stuff and more on my P4 system, I bought the stuff used (except the HDDs and burner) and it cost me around $400 all together.

lower the cpu to something not as powerful he dosent need THAT good of a cpu and add a sound card and maybe he might want a tv tuner as it looks like its going to be a multimedia machine

You need better ram and a much better psu. Mobo also sucks, get SLi 680i.

Lol rudster, you had to quote your own thread. Although I must agree that it is a nice computer you have in there, wwmost should check it out. However, they just need an optical drive, TV tuner (optional), OS, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers.

Thelis, the 680i board would be over-kill for him. He doesn't seem to want SLI, nor does he seem like he would ever utilize it.

ummm not the best build i have ever seen the first thing i would point out is the complete overkill on the graphics card my computer only has a pathetic 7300LE which is like £30 and prob bout $60 and that will run Formular 1 2006, GTR2 and test drive unlimited ???

so save yourself some money there m8

second thing i would do is drop the CPU down a bit to like a 4400 or 6300 and get 2 GB RAM

u need a better psu and 2 g of ram
the 8600 is fine leave that
and get a intel core 2 duo 6400

Back
Top Bottom