HELP ME!! BIOS Memory Setting Changed Three Beeps no Boot

Yea, that's an odd one. Usually clearing the CMOS does the trick when fiddling with memory timings.

Here's a shot in the dark. Try cleaning the contacts on the memory. You could use something like rubbing alcohol or acetone (fingernail polish remover) on a Q-tip or soft cloth.

I tried spraying the contacts off with dust off. Not sure about putting liquid on it. Even if it does evaporate the components in there are too sensitive to do that.

I was talking about the contacts on the memory modules themselves. They are safe to clean with the products I mentioned.

I was talking about the contacts on the memory modules themselves. They are safe to clean with the products I mentioned.

Ok well that does not fix it but thanks for trying. I used an electronic cleaner. I thought you were talking about on the board it self. Did not dare try that. But now that I think about it I was spinning my wheels because I already tried two brand new cards.

Stupid question, but are the sticks in the correct slots? Newer boards are not usually that picky but I just want to ask. Keeping on that same idea train though, have you tried your sticks in different slots on the board? It's possible one of your ports took a crap on you.

Stupid question, but are the sticks in the correct slots? Newer boards are not usually that picky but I just want to ask. Keeping on that same idea train though, have you tried your sticks in different slots on the board? It's possible one of your ports took a crap on you.

Yep tried different slots. I am not sure about this but the guy at gateway said My board requires two matching cards in the white slots would be the larger cards and in the black slots would be the smaller ones and so thats how I had them they all worked fine until I change the BIOS setting. Resetting the BIOS seems not possible. starting to lose hope on this one.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE:D I figured it out. To reset this board as srange as it sounds. It is very simple you remove the BIOS jumper then try to boot. Then reinstall the jumper again. And you will be back up and running this board is a D975X. Strange but I am glad I did not have to replace the mother. :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom