Help Me Again Please :D

watling

In Runtime
Basically you may see me as been abit annoying today asking all these questions, but its better to ask the nwaste money and me buy a wrong product :p:p

Basically this is what is in my machine at the moment:

Mainboard : MSI MS-7091
Chipset : Intel i915P
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 650 @ 3400 MHz
Physical Memory : 2048 MB (4 x 512 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce 7600 GT
Hard Disk : ST3360832AS (360 GB)

Basically my motherboard is a cheap and nasty £20 one and i truely dont liek the CPU chip in at the moment(not too mention its temp rates are crazy :S)

Anyhow my point is i have about £300 to spend on new upgrades.Well this is the point where im stuck at,i play games and want to upgrade peices i nmy machine so that it plays ALOT better with noticeable increased performance.Do i buy new CPU with better mobo.... or buy mobo SLI with new gfx. Please someone enlighten me for finding out what i can buy to make my machine play games BETTER thanks

p.s. MAIN priority is to make my games and desktop run faster and smoother

Ok thanks and what is the difference between having a cheap motherboard and a pricey one please?

Apart from the O/C abilitys :p

Well, since the motherboard is the main component of the computer, the better of a motherboard you have, the more stable your system will be overall. It will also support more features like RAID or SLI/Crossfire (2 graphics cards).

The more expensive one I gave you actually has 3 PCI Express slots. You can have SLI and still have another PCI Express slot for a physics card.

Back
Top Bottom