HELP! losing gigs fast

Still doesn't account for the fact that he is losing gigabytes at a time. I'd even be surprised if the system restore could chew up hdd space that fast. Unless the default cap space allowed for system restore is significantly different on vista then on xp.

its a virus, my brother accidently let it go on his computer while trying to study it in visual basic. dunno how he fixed it but it was pretty funny just watching all his space drop.

im pretty sure he backed his stuff up and formatted, although i could be wrong.

goto start ,cick run then enter %temp% then just delete every thing in there. that cleaned more then 1 gb of room on mycomputer

I dropped over NINE gigs in one night and about 12 this week from 303 to 291

NewBitmapImage-13.jpg

I still say system restore. The max mine can use up is like 38 gigs. clean it up.

Also, are you recording TV? the highest quality recording takes up 1 gig per 30 minutes of TV.

38 GB ! thats alot , how much does xp take up. im running low i only have 7.4gb left on my laptop

Vista is 15% of the hard drive max, and it does add up quickly. Unfortunatly you cannot change the max, so I just clean it out every week with the disk-cleanup utility (option to delete all but the latest one is on the second tab).

Vista is 15% of the hard drive max, and it does add up quickly. Unfortunatly you cannot change the max, so I just clean it out every week with the disk-cleanup utility (option to delete all but the latest one is on the second tab).

SWEET CHRIST
i did that and gained 50 WHOLE GIGS
thank you so much man

Back
Top Bottom