Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Beta Member

Question Help LED Monitor Issues

So my LED monitor started getting these horizontal streaks.

Model is PX2370

to watch a youtube video I made. I feel it is better that you see what I am talking about verses me trying to describe things.

I have ruled out my graphic card and the cables (both HDMI and DVI).

My monitor is under warranty.

Samsung offered to send me a prepaid shipping label to send my monitor back in. They said they would try to repair it and if they could not fix it they would send me a new one. They said the process will take at around 14 business days. My job is graphic design and I depend on my monitor for work so this is not an option for me. They said that I could also exchange my monitor for a refurbished model due to my work dilemma. I said I would give that a try. The monitor came to my local UPS Store in horrible condition. The front trim piece would not even stay on and there were scratches all over the back of the monitor and the stand. I rejected to take such an item. The monitor was wrapped well and the box did not appear to be smashed or crushed; so the refurb left Samsung the way I got it. I am shocked and appalled that Samsung would think that I would be happy with such a product!

Any help as to what is wrong with the monitor and what I should do to handle this matter would be greatly appreciated

Heel Touge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Help LED Monitor Issues

I had a similar issue when plugging my macbook into my Acer monitor, turned out it was the cable at fault. If you can categorically rule out the cables and GPU, then it must be the monitor it's self.

Try plugging another input source into it. I.E. does the monitor work with a different PC?

Old 02-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
Solid State Member

no doubt, send it back. pretty sure they'll give you a new one. looks like the backlight of the monitor is messed up.
thrash_273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #4
Beta Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Darkseeker~ View Post
I had a similar issue when plugging my macbook into my Acer monitor, turned out it was the cable at fault. If you can categorically rule out the cables and GPU, then it must be the monitor it's self.

Try plugging another input source into it. I.E. does the monitor work with a different PC?
yeah cables are ruled out as well as my graphics card

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrash_273 View Post
no doubt, send it back. pretty sure they'll give you a new one. looks like the backlight of the monitor is messed up.
Well my dilemma is that my job is graphic design and I work from home. So if I send my monitor in I can't do my job. Everyday I don't have my monitor I a day I am not making money. Samsung said the warranty thing takes around 14 business days; the cost of not working far outweighs the cost of buying a new monitor.

I explained this to Samsung and they offered me the option of doing an exchange on a refurbished model. I took them up on this but when I opened the box at the UPS Store the monitor inside was all busted up, total junk. What makes things worse is that it was very carefully wrapped and boxed up; the box also looked fine, no signs of abuse. So this tells me that the refurbished model left the Samsung facility that way. They were sending me junk and they knew it. I obviously rejected the shipment.

I am going to talk to Samsung again on Monday and see if they can make amends.
Heel Touge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
Solid State Member

only way to tell is to have a different monitor to compare. that sucks big time, i hope everything will work out soon
thrash_273 is offline   Reply With Quote