help....the kids did it.............

if it is an HP, the hardrive should be partitioned to send you back to the day it started. A partition is a section of HD that is set aside for a certain task, in this case, recovery. Go to my computer, and check how many drives you have, particulary disk drives (hardrives)

all these technicals words are killing me....lol..

I can't find the damn disk (sorry for swearing) . We just moved about two months ago, and everything is not where it should be as yet....

I really am lost......

No, not a disk.. Go to my Computer, then look, and count how many drives you have. Please tell me how many, and give me the letters of each one. Then, I can tell you where to go from here.

Umm, what about Hardrives?? Do you have a C drive?? Tell me all the letters of all the drives pls. ALL OF THEM, including the Hardrive.

Yeh, I have a C drive. Here is what it looks like,

3 1/2floppy, then HP Pavill (C), then Compact Disk (M) , then compact disk (N), and them Control Panel.
Thats it.

Crud, you are screwed... You need to call HP and have them send you recovery disks ASAP. That is really the only way to fix this problem. Also, try running Scandisk at startup, and then also try to run Disk Defragmenter, the combination of the two might cure the PCs ailment.

ok, how do I scan? Can you give me a basic step by step? I am willing to try everything......

Back
Top Bottom