Help with jumpers/psu

Spec

Fully Optimized
Well, i have this Thermaltake armor 3000 case laying around so i decided to throw in my old computer parts..gigabyte mobo, 2gb ram, radeon 4650, rosewill 650watt psu..amd athlon 3500x2... yeah..well i have all the jumpers set correctly on the motherboard, can someone help me if i dont have them plugged in correctly lol. and when i plug in either my 550 watt or 650 watt psu there is NO green light on the motherboard? any suggestions? one thing i must say though is previously, my friend had this case..and he fryed his mobo, started it up and it started smoking..would this have shorted out the powerswitch and send a hella strong volt up there to make the power switch not work? but shouldnt the green light on the motherboard turn on regardless?

That's OK rohan, I was thinking the same thing about the "jumpers".

You should get a connectivity light when you plug the PSU into the motherboard regardless of the front panel connectors being correct. is the power supply switch turned on?

The front panel pins on the mobo should be labeled as to which ones go where. If you think have them connected incorrectly, go to Gigabyte's site and download the manual for your motherboard.

well wtf color is + or -, not sure... black, or white, or the other colors..

I dont think it matters with the power switch if they are hooked to the + and - correctly because they are not carrying a load they are just connecting a circuit for long enough to power it on. You can do the same thing by "shorting" them with a flat head screwdriver. It doesnt matter with the power and reset buttons which way you put them on as long as they are on the right pins.

yeah i know ..i fixed it anyways, i had to cut away at teh back panel of the armor 300case because there is a flaw in the design..i that this debit that sticks out for BTX motherboards and it touched the motherboard and short circuited the mobo..so its all working now, but thanks guys

Yes rohan, in the manual here they are called "motherboard jumpers"

Here ya go guys, jumpers and connectors:

861.jpg

Back
Top Bottom