Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-17-2008, 01:24 AM   #1
Baseband Member

Default ~~~~~~~~HELP internet is DOWN~~major prob here!<<

ok i guess i have to tell you what i did to fk up my comp...first i dowloaded this fire wall that starts with a C...like comado or something.

the download was corrupt becuase it was in a temorary internet file and i deleted all of my temporary internet files...so it got corrupt and died. i tryed to reinstall but i got this application that didnt want to get thrown away. becuase of this i could not uninstall or REinstall the program.

i got mad and went into local disk>program files>and deleted everything in COMADO folder exept the stubborn file that wont delete.

i then went into safe mode and deleted the stubborn file.

i still could not reinstall because it said "you already have COMADO on your computer"

now thats where i am now. all the sudden my internet wont connect with my computer!.

i dont see how deleteing things in my program files folder effect my internet!? but this HAS happend to me before but just with game files that were still there when i uninstalled...i deleted them and got my comp fked up AGAIN!

i guess im not gunna mess with temorary internet files OR program files folder anymore...but now that im in this hole i need someone to help me get out cause i cant DEauthorize my computer from ITUNES and i cant authorize another computer because i did this so many times... all because i dont have an internet.

when i try to load a page it says at the bottom :connecting to page (IP address) and then i get page cannot be displayed.

sorry this is so long. but i have a long problem...

PLEASE THIS IS MY LAST HOPE AND IF I CANT FIGURE IT OUT I HAVE TO REINSTALL XP AGAIN FOR THE 100TH TIME IN LESS THEN A YEARRRR!!!!!!!

so please...any reply would be GREAT. and yess i checked ALL of my internet wires and im on another computer in the house running off of the same modem. so it is my computer...

tha17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:53 AM   #2
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: HELP internet is DOWN

Take a look at this. Install it and run it. It should see Comando in there and help you remove it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:06 AM   #3
xxcobraxx

or just complete simple restore your pc
Old 07-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #4
In Runtime

Send a message via ICQ to Fabric1601

did u try to remove the stuborn file from the REGISTRY???? Start-->Run-->regedit. then press F3 (FIND) and type the name of the file. when it finds it....right clicka....deletaaa then just run simple scan disk tool on ur windows Hard Drive and that should do the job...