Help, internet browser redirecting and more

mykul

Baseband Member
Ok, when i open iexplorer.exe, he takes about 5 secs to load. I click on the icon, it opens, den waits for 5 secs, and then the about:blank page opens and i can type URLS or whatever. This used to never happen, it just used to open instantly! Also, every so often, when i open iexplorer.exe , this little popup opens in the corner of the system tray (where the time is). Its a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark. It tells me to either something about spyware and cleaning, or virus and downloading a free one. Also when i use google, when i click on links from the results, it redirects to another site, and i know its some kind of spyware!. Also my harddrive keeps making loud sounds like its running at 100, where i only have like iTunes and iexplorer.exe open. Im running
MS Windows XP 2
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 1.0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache(TM).

The thing is i've tried nearly everything.
I turn off system restore, i booted in safemode, used NOD32 to scan. Then Spybot (found some things and deleted em) and then Ad-Aware. These are all up-to-date. Then i reboot and i still have the problems. Also when i reboot normally, i use CCleaner and HiJackThis, and paste that log in hijackthis.de. And the problem isnt going away, Why????

Go in to the services and disable messenger. A lot of browser jackings come from there. It's like a back door to your system. Then get IE7. It has better protection and is more flexable as to what you want to work in the browser and what you don't. You're going to get pounded by the guys here telling you to get firefox. That's your call.

Oh and ZoneAlarm has a new version of their free firewall. it plays nice on Vista as well as XP. Sounds like you may be in need of that.
www.zonealarm.com

Yeah ill try, but i keep pressing internet explorer as default, not used to clicking firefox!! But yes, i got IE7. Where is services? how you get there???

Dw found it, and messenger is disabled.

??

Also my system restore aint even working? like, every time i look at it, the checkpoint is on current day... nowhere else.. and i had heaps.. whats going on??

Also -msboot doesnt work? When i go run, it goes "cant find" or seomthing??? eh wats goingON!?

Microsoft confirmed Monday that it is investigating reports that a security update for Internet Explorer issued last week has crippled some users' ability to get on the Web with the browser.
Users started posting messages to multiple Microsoft support newsgroups almost immediately after Microsoft released the MS07-069 security bulletin on Dec. 11, saying that they were unable to connect to the Internet, either because IE refused to open or because when it did open, it could not reach various sites.
"About 60% of the time, I would get an 'Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and must close' dialog," reported Bill Drake on the Windows Update newsgroup. Others echoed those comments on IE-specific forums, noting that both IE6 and IE7 balked at loading, or while loading, some pages, particularly home pages, on both Windows XP and Windows Vista machines.
Harold Decker, operations manager at San Diego-based Gold Peak Industries NA Inc., started fielding calls from users last Wednesday morning as soon as people hit the office. "I stopped everyone who hadn't installed the update from installing it, after four PCs out of 14 had the problem," said Decker, who manages a total of 35 Windows XP SP2 machines. "We're a pretty plain shop; all our systems run Windows XP SP2 and IE6," said Decker. "But some kept crashing. It seemed limited to the window that was opened, and changing the home page to something simple, like a blank page, gave a better success rate."
Decker cited numerous brand-name sites that workers at Gold Peak couldn't reach without crashing IE, including Federal Express' and Lowe's Home Improvements.
Microsoft said it is on the case. "Our customer service and support teams are investigating public claims of a deployment issue with Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-069," Microsoft's Mark Miller, director of security response, acknowledged in an e-mail. "If necessary, Microsoft will update the Knowledge Base article associated with MS07-069 with detailed guidance on how to prevent or address these deployment issues," Miller added.
Other users on the support forums weren't much help, except to suggest uninstalling last Tuesday's security update. That's what Decker did. "We uninstalled [MS07-069] and have had no problems since then," he said.

Um im not really sure how that helps me, and i haven't downloaded or install any updates for about a few months.

Back
Top Bottom