Help Instituting Raid 0

zlashed

Baseband Member
I have two 250 GB Hard Drives and I wish to institute Raid 0. I know that I will need to reformat in order to install the OS in RAID, and I wish to do so. My motherboard is an EVGA nForce 780i (132-CK-NF78). What steps do I have to take in order to put my drives in RAID and get them functioning?

I should also add that my motherboard came with a floppy disk that contains the RAID drivers for my motherboard. However, printed on the bottom of the label is "SUPPORTED OS: WindowsXP (32 bit). Alas, I am using Vista 64 bit.

Thanks, the guide seemed to work well. However, another problem arose during the vista install process. I arrive at the screen showing the newly created RAID drive. Then I choose to load drivers, and do so from a flash drive. The drivers are seemingly accepted. Next the installation begins, but only a few minutes after it starts, a message comes up stating "Insert Microsoft Installation Disc 1". This is peculiar as there is only one disc for the install. If I click OK, the message goes away only to come back again soon with no install progress. If you have any information about this problem or even a guess as to the solution, please post it. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom