Help with installing win 7 32 bit pro

Oscar35

Solid State Member
Help with installing win 7 32 bit pro - urgent!

Hi,
I'm new to forums and I am having trouble loading win7 32 bit pro on my new acre aspire x3960 desk top. It came per installed with win 7 64 bit home premium and I have bought the 32 bit pro. I have inserted disk and hit f12 and gone through loading off cd/DVD. The windows logo comes up and then it comes up flashing 4 colors horizontal ( red green blue and white) then a grey screen, white screen and black screen and just continues to do this. Can anyone please help.
Ps. I am an amateur I am trying to get this up and running for work purposes.
:confused:

Well I managed to fix my problem by turning the screen on and off. Go figure huh! :whistling:
Can anyone tell me which partition to load on.
1. Pqservice
2. System reserved
3. Acer
4. Data
?
Thanks any help is appreciated ;)

Are you wanting to start completely fresh or are there things such as programs or files you want to keep? Does the desktop have one hard drive or two? What i would do is just go one parition at a time and delete it and then format the whole thing as one partition. If there is anything you want to keep, it will be found under C://windows.old.

Nothing on there to keep. How do I go about making 1 partition? Also not sure about how many hard drives. I assume 1.

Well I managed to fix my problem by turning the screen on and off. Go figure huh! :whistling:
Can anyone tell me which partition to load on.
1. Pqservice
2. System reserved
3. Acer
4. Data
?
Thanks any help is appreciated ;)

To make it 1 partition you would have to delete 1-4 (assuming if you only have one harddrive) in the setup and then they would form one partition, usually 3. Acer is the C: drive and you can choose to format that drive instead. I think the other drives maybe your recovery OS if your computer runs into anything bad.

I was assume you have one hard drive too but the Data partition made me think maybe there were two. Yes, just delete the partitions and they will form one. You won't need the recovery because if you have the disk, it's just a waste of space. It may require you to format the partition to continue so just select the one partition after you dele everything and hit the format done and continue with the install!

Back
Top Bottom