Help! I think my graphics card broke!

Whyfly??

Daemon Poster
Ok so when I came to my computer today, I turned on the monitor, and nothing was on screen, I think w.e. I'll restart.
Well I did, and then when it booted up there was these white lines going from the TOP to the Bottom of the screen, like a white flickering line every few seconds! (Omg my screen just like turned off for a second right now)
When it went to the Vista screen the flickering lines go away, but when I turn the monitor off and on, nothing shows up on screen (Well I don't turn it off, it turns off automatically after a while) Idk what is going on?!?
Monitor problem?

make sure your VGA/DVI cable is in all the way.

happend to me before several times.

make sure your GPU is getting power if it requires it.

Check all your connections

OK now when I restart my MONITOR it comes back onto screen....
I have a TV/Monitor and when I switch to TV and switch back, it is gone, I have to restart the monitor for it to work again.
My dad said if two bars are going across the screen the monitor is failing.
Could that be it?
This monitor has like 3 years on it.

Yeah I'm using the two six pins, so I'm good there, well I checked and I did have to tighten the end, so that might have been the problem, but would that explain that white bars going across the screen only for boot menu?
Now I can go back and forth between switching from TV and monitor and it's good, so I hope I'm fine :)

Do you have an extra monitor or graphics card to try?

I have a couple monitors and a 9400 GT in my Dad's computer, but since it's working fine, I don't think i will fix test anything, as I won't know what is causing the problem, since for now there is no problem.:confused:

I got a pos monitor from a friend who builds business systems for restaurants and it did the same thing... luckily my boss at the church had a spare for me and it works fine

Back
Top Bottom