Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-02-2008, 01:43 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Help:( HP W2207 Lcd screen not being recognized by Hp Pavillion ZX5000 Laptop

Hey Guys, I recently bought an HP 22" Lcd screen with native resolution of 1680X1050, 5ms response time and max sync rate of 76Hzx82kHz, so that I can use it with an HP Pavillion ZX 5000 laptop. the laptop and the monitor are connected by a VGA cable, but i am not getting any picture in the LCD monitor, it tries to adjust the picture to the native res for a second then it goes to sleep . I looked all over the net, but no solution. Can you guys please help me.
I'm sure the LCD monitor works because i get amazing pictures with my XBOX 360. The culprit most probably is the graphics card in my lap top (ATI 9600 Mobility Radeon 128 MB).

I downloaded the Monitors res file in Display properties, but for some reason it sees a max res of 1600x1200, when the file clearly specifies a native res of 1680X1050 . I have updated the BIOS, downloaded the latest drivers for the ATI and the monitor. Right now I am going to install Ubuntu(Intrepid-Ibex) and see what I can get in there (dont know what to do ) Please Help
JoX is offline   Reply With Quote