Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-24-2005, 01:46 PM   #1
Daemon Poster
Default HELP: HDD data recovery

I dont know how many of you are in the Toronto area, but last friday we had massive flooding here and many people had sewer backups, including myself. Had about 1.5' of sewage in my basement. Much destruction. Anyways, my pc was down there. It was on. Mobo is fried and so is my primary HDD (secondary HDD is fine even though it was under the primary drive). I waited a few days to try the drives and pc to make sure everything dried out and yes of course the HDD with my most important files is the one that is fried. The pc doesnt even detect it. Does anyone know how to recover data from this drive? I am pretty sure that the insurance will cover that too, even though they havent returned our phone calls, but thats b/c theres so many claims going through from friday.

In case your wondering, memory is fine, video card is fine, burner is fine, processor is fine. Just my mobo and prmary HDD are fried. I am gonna tell the insurance that the video card is fried so that they will buy me a new one of those too, then i'll go SLI b/c i'll still have the old one. Plus i just bought a new LCD monitor and i dont wanna plug it into a video card that may be damaged, just in case.

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ [939 Socket] W/ ASUS "A8N-SLI Premium" (OC'd @2.4ghz) | 560W Silverstone Spider PSU | Kingston 1024 MB [512MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory | Dual MSI Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 128MB DDR3 128-bit PCIe @555/1111 in SLI | Samsung 19" LCD 930B (8ms) | Western Digital 200 GB SATA II (x2) | LG Dual Format/Double Layer 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive
d_source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:07 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
Default Re: HELP: HDD data recovery

Hello There,
Search Google for "Data recovery services toronto"
I'm not sure if they could guarantee getting your backups, What do you mean by "Fried" you could just have a damaged power supply? No?
Dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote